Monday 4 April 2011

Film Challenge - Halfway Through

By tomorrow evening I will be exactly half way through my film project. That means I will have watched 125 movies I haven't previously seen so far this year. Truth be told, I've probably watched about 30 movies I've already seen on top of that number. In fact, right now whilst writing this post I'm watching Contact because it's an awesome movie and I like having something on in the background when I work at stuff that isn't of great importance.

Out of the 125 new movies I've seen quite a few of them have been absolute crap, but there have been a few cinema gems in there. Although by my own admission I've seen a lot of rubbish I'm sick of hearing people say "they don't make films like they used to" or "It's all CG or special effects these days and no story at all"

My response to that is "Shut up". Look at 50's B movies! Crap films, crap story and all the cutting edge special effects of the day. Sure, there's a lot of rubbish being produced now, but that's only because there are so many films being produced all over the world now. If you choose to believe that the only things out there are in the top ten cinema listings then you have the common sense usually attributed to a poo filled tea bag.

Anyways, I shall be waiting till I've finished the challenge before I do too much writing or ranting about specific films or the challenge but I am still open to suggestions of what I should watch or avoid. Think you can convince me that the only good films were made during your childhood? Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment